KR Sreenivas, a resident editor with The Times of India, has submitted his resignation following allegations from at least seven women’s of sexual harassment against him as part of the #MeToo campaign.
A source from The Times of India confirmed that Sreenivas has resigned.
The TOI has said the charge would be investigated by it’s committee against sexual harassment. A highly empowered committee headed by a senior woman under this policy and under the law is in place to investigate and address all allegations. I submit myself to the investigation
— K R Sreenivas (@KRSreenivas) October 5, 2018
The News Minute reported that Sreenivas, in his resignation letter, said he decided to take the step as he was being “targetted.”
Last week, journalist Sandhya Menon in a Twitter thread accused Sreenivas of sexually harassing her in 2008. She said that after a trial print run of the Bangalore Mirror,
“Late at night, he offered to drop a few of us. I was living the farthest, so I was dropped last. I get to my house; we’re chatting. He lays his hand on my thigh and goes, ‘my wife and I have grown apart. She doesn’t understand me.”
In a statement on Twitter on 5 October, Sreenivas said, “The Times of India has said its committee would investigate the charge against sexual harassment. A highly empowered committee headed by a senior woman under this policy and the law is in place to investigate and address all allegations. I submit myself to the investigation.”